This can lead to a big communication and trust gap between the business and clients, not to mention costly mistakes of duplicated and lost data, or an inaccurate information feed. However, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software makes every aspect of the legal sales process transparent and enables law firms to gain complete control of processes and clients’ interactions.
Legal CRM Software: Definition, Benefits, and Features
What is legal CRM software? While many lawyers and law institutions are still unfamiliar with this system, legal CRM is an intelligent legal practice solution for expanding the customer base and managing day-to-day activities efficiently. For example, bpm’online legal CRM helps the firm acquire, retain, and organize vital customer data in a centralized database as well as automate both case management and billing processes.
Contrary to traditional CRM systems, bpm’online offers a more advanced legal CRM set of tools you can test for free at any moment. As you can see, this is a process-based technology with many wide-ranging features that provide a complete overview of business operations, including employees’ performance, potential prospects, market opportunities, and more.
What sets apart a modern cloud-based CRM legal platform from outdated CRM software is that law firms can now quickly resolve each case and nurture relationships with clients by relying on real-time information. All of the important data is safely stored in one place and easily managed via intuitive interface users can access remotely from any device, including mobile.
Speaking of CRM capabilities, there are four main benefits of legal CRM for lawyers:
Accurate reporting for making knowledge-driven strategies.
Better relationship management with both leads and regular clients.
Improved productivity resulting in profit increase.
What to Look for in a Legal CRM?
There are many CRM solutions out there, which is why it’s important to know what to look for in a legal CRM system. Consider the following and use this list as shopping guidelines:
- Centralized contact management
- Case management
- Lead management
- Opportunity management
- Advanced time recording and billing
- Document management
- Sophisticated analytic tools for reporting
- Activity and task scheduling
- Outlook, Google, and other functionalities
- Mobile integration
- A simple CRM infrastructure, implementation, and maintenance
Legal CRM system can help you achieve balance, harmony, and control in your organization. By integrating bpm’online legal CRM, law firms choose to deploy an all-in-one practice management solution that meets legal regulations and supports long-term law firm growth.
The ultimate goal law firms can expect to achieve by adopting this system in the cloud is gaining a competitive advantage. In other words, you can leverage legal CRM to identify, track, and meet all customer demands, as well as reduce the risk of duplicated documentation and wasted employee efforts through automation.
Effective features of bpm’online CRM that cover all the vital steps of legal process transformation
Business Process Management
- Automate tasks to focus only on clients and matters that require human intervention.
- Optimize internal communication by using collaborative tools.
- Get in tune with intuitive process design and streamlined legal services.
- Conduct end-to-end process cycle customization to get better outcomes.
- Set up a cloud-based unified knowledge repository to improve document flow and management.
- Organize documents by creating a tree-like structure of different data types.
- Integrate with email and personalize template documents to contact clients directly from the system.
- Save all document versions to better manipulate content.
- Look up the document or template you need via Quick Search.
- Maintain the accuracy of documents and consistency of service by automating the approval process and multi-tier review.
- Support staff collaboration or employee training by sharing insights and knowledge across departments.
- Unite customer data with customer service to create more personalized experiences.
- Integrate with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and other Google services to tie all business operations to one system.
- Use the intuitive interface to keep a close eye on everything that’s going on in a law firm and on the market.
- Track KPIs and evaluate the company’s efficiency on a unified dashboard.
- Leverage accurate analytics of business activities to make smart and strategic decisions.
- Schedule tasks and set reminders to track and monitor progress.
Marketing and Sales Management
- Capture and store critical client data collected across multiple channels: phone, email, website, social media platforms.
- Differentiate top priority clients by categorizing them.
- Access client information (interaction history, appointments, mutual connections, etc.) anytime from digital device you prefer.
- Use this source of information to identify target demographics, create quality marketing content, and increase profitability by focusing on profitable clients.
- Track and record the entire sales process to evaluate successes, notice the potential for improvement, and improve customer relationships via follow-ups.
- Tap into market opportunities and boost cross sales.
Case and Matter Management
- Access and manage all cases with one system.
- Efficiently handle work distribution and task delegation.
- Build a case utilizing sensitive information (claim data, email interactions, financial reports, etc.) in a database.
- Set up notifications for case due dates and important events.
- Track budgets, invoices, and billing info of legal advisers and their rates.
- The billing process is compliant with contracts, legal regulations, fixed fees, and hourly service rates, including overtime work.
- Automatic and manual time recordings are fully billable.
- Case management activities are auto time stamped.
- Service costs are calculated based on internal and external employee rates and their provided services.
- Invoices are created based on the scope of services and any potential additional expenses.
- Client’s credit/debit fee management is simplified while users can track and report on real-time financial performance.